The Mesa y López Outlet has become an important event for our city because not only is it a chance for our entrepreneurs to sell their products in stock but also, and most importantly, it’s a way for them to showcase and advertise them. Outlet is not synonymous with “flea market”; organising this type of event allows businesses to place products that are out of season on the market. Just because they’re not in season, doesn’t mean they’re defective products, so it’s a way of offering good quality products at a balanced price… The commercial sector in the Canary Islands is one of the main motors that move the economy and workers. The volatile nature of consumption leads us to organise events that attract the public to the area, to bring products and services closer to the customer and thus promote the brands that will take centre stage along the Mesa y López boulevard, considered one of the most important commercial arteries of the Canary Islands.
1. Boost consumption. We are aware that the current situation makes consumption react by a stimulus in specific demand peaks that occur throughout the year. Therefore, it is necessary to create dynamic activities during the lowest periods.
2. Generate employment. Organising and implementing an event of these magnitudes will promote recruitment and employability.
3. Decreasing accumulated stock. This event will allow entrepreneurs to put the accumulated stock on display that has not been able to sell during the sale season and at very attractive prices for customers in these times of great economic difficulties.
4. Showcasing and advertising. The Mesa y López Outlet will be a great showcase for businesses to make themselves known thanks to this advertising alternative. This dynamic commercial activity is not only intended for entrepreneurs established on the main avenue; the shops and restaurants that are located in the surrounding area, those who are in another commercial area of the city or those located in other municipalities of the island of Gran Canaria will also have the possibility of being present.
5. Attract the public to the Mesa y López shopping area. Through dynamising activities like this, we aim to bring back to this area of strong commercial tradition the public that in recent years has progressively been lost as a result of the increase of indoor shopping centres on the island and the current state of the surrounding area, which has lost its initial charm over the years.
6. Entrepreneurial and innovative character. Many of the entrepreneurs that participate in this type of event for the first time will innovate their businesses, thus developing their ability to keep up with the times and their willingness to take risks.
7. Generates a relationship of membership. With this project, the Association aims to involve all sectors and allow them to actively participate in it. They become even more involved in the Association by getting to know each other and joining forces.
Participating Businesses in the 6th Outlet
Boulevard 1 – RESTAURANTS Restaurante El Pote, La Mesa de López & La Fábrica de Praliné, La Tasca de los Vinos, Mesón El Campechano, Restaurante Etiópico Afrika. Timetable Thursday 28, Friday 29 y Saturday 30: 12:00 pm – 12:00 am. Boulevard 2 – CLOTHING, SERVICES, HEALTH, ACCESSORIES Adisnor, Ministore, Centro Nona, Grupo Re/Max Arcoiris, Textura, La Cometa, Centros Único, Boutique Styletto’s, Outlet Sol Herrera Cerpa, Stereotokyo, M by María, Totó & Co. Croissier, Century 21 Capital Lpa, D´Moon, Mahina Nani, PlanB, El Mercadillo de Pepa, Amor Bijoux, Baifos in the Sky, Madame Explicit, Animal & Globe, By Maye, Bamboo Canarias, Red Land, Look and find Canteras, El Barquito de Papel, Aguas Azules, Cigarrillos Electrónicos, RED Calzados, Cosmética Canaria Natural, Language Campus, La Suite 17, Clini Estheticlaser. Timetable Thursday 28: 12:00 pm – 9:30 pm Friday 29 y Saturday 30: 10:00 am – 9:30 pm. Boulevards 3 and 4 – ARTISANAL MARKET Timetables Thrusday 28: 12:00 pm – 9:30 pm Friday 29 and Saturday 30: 10:00 am – 9:30 pm.